Rakuten (previously known as ebates.com, which was acquired by Rakuten in 2014) is one of the largest affiliate marketing players in the industry, founded in 1997 in Tokyo. Rakuten now boosts over 10,000 employees, the word “rakuten” means “optimism” in Japanese.
Rakuten allows you to earn 1% to 40% cash back from shopping online at a variety of retailers. The rewards are known as Big Fat Payments, which are paid out quarterly by check or PayPal. Click Rakuten to get registered today!
- $10 Sign-up Bonus on friends referral links -> click here.
- Over 2,500 online cash back stores to chose from with a list of current deals
- Referral Program, earn $25 upon your friends join and spend $25.
- Rakuten Cashback Site
- Log into your Rakuten account. Click on any retailer link from the Rakuten site, which will automatically load the retailer site in a new window. This will track your session while you shop so you can earn cash back credit for the transaction.
- Rakuten Mobile APPs
- Download the Rakuten APP from either Apple Store or Google . To get started, choose a retailer from the app. You’ll get a notification to let you know how much cash back you’ll get with the retailer. After that, you’ll be directed to the retailer site where you can shop as you normally would.
- Rakuten Cash-Back Button
- If you think you might not remember to click through Rakuten each time you make a purchase, you need the Cash-Back Button. This button is a browser extension for Chrome that alerts you to cash-back opportunities at over 2,500 stores.
How to Get Cash Back:
You will be able to choose to receive the cash back you earned via a physical check, or deposit to your PayPal account. You are also allowed to take the cash back in the method of Amex Membership Rewards points.
Payments are sent every 3 months.
Rakuten is a solid player in cash back business, (it runs the affiliate marketing program and played as a major contributor in the industry), this makes Rakuten a trust-worthy site considering the service it provides. Though Rakuten does not support as many retailers as other cash back sites, and his rates may not always be the highest one, its still an easy-to-use shopping site that also offers you points back on your regular purchases. Those points cant be used towards gift cards, cash back, or even discounts on any other products you might want to purchase.